Southland Cricket is proud to announce our Accelerator Programme will be running again in term 3 for all junior and youth
(Years 5/6 to Year 13) hardball cricketers in 2x 5-week blocks.
We are now taking registrations for our first 5-week block starting Monday August 3rd and running to Friday the 4th of
September. We will also be running a 2nd 5-week block starting Monday 7th September and running to Friday 9th of October to
allow those players finishing their winter sports to join.
Registrations for the 2nd 5-week block will open on the 17th of August.
The Accelerator Programme is tailored to meet the specific needs of the individual player in their physical and mental
development so that they can go into the cricket season confident in their abilities no matter the level they play. Our coaches
use a combination of, drills, games, scenarios, analysis and feedback that provides the optimal learning environment for our
players to improve.
More about “Accelerator”:
• 90 minute sessions with batting, spin bowling, pace bowling, fielding, and wicket-keeping.
• 60 Minute sessions for Year 5/6 Players
• Sessions tailored for individual and scenario based.
• Southland & Otago coaching staff, Hawke Cup players and district coaches all on hand to coach and mentor.
• The best coaching equipment and aides such as bowling machines, speed ball radars and instant video analysis.
• Great for all levels of cricketer currently playing in our school/club and district competitions.
Venue: Queens Park Indoor Cricket Centre.
Start: 1st 5 week block: Monday 3rd August to Friday 4rd September
Days & Times: Mon to Fri, 4pm, 5.30pm or 7pm
Duration: 5 Weeks. 90 minute sessions (60 minutes for Year 5/6)
Cost: $75 for 5 sessions ($50 for Year 5/6)
Head to the "Accelerator 2020" page under "Get Involved" to sign up or by clicking here